Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Baby Story!!!

I have been wanting to post about all of this forever, but I have been so sick/miserable that I haven't been able to. It makes me laugh when I think about everything all together because seriously what more could have gone on! Since the beginning of this pregnancy I have had such bad migraines that I have had to go the the ER several times to get them to go away. Then along with that I had bad nausea and vomiting that never went away through my whole pregnancy. I had to go into the hospital a bunch of times to be treated because I was so dehydrated. As if that weren't enough, I got kidney stones and had been passing them just about EVERY SINGLE DAY for the last 3 months!!! If you've ever had one you know how painful it can be! Then after that I found out that I had gestational diabetes and had to deal with all that goes along with that!! I also had problems with my gallbladder the last month or so and that caused more pain! So I was definitely ready to have this baby!

I had been having problems with my blood pressure and had to be treated a couple of times when I was 35wks. I had preeclampsia with Quincy and started having symptoms of it again, so at my 36 week appointment my doctor decided to do my c-section the next morning. So he's finally here!!


Deacon
February 18th
6lbs. 11 oz.
18 inches long













Me right before c-section.

We are so excited to finally have him here! He was born a little early and had to be treated for jaundice, but he's doing great now! He is such a tiny little guy but such a good baby!!





15 comments:

Sara said...

What an amazing story! Seriously! What else could have happened?!?! You are amazing! He is a beautiful baby and I am so happy for you that everything turned out well! Congratulations!

How is Quincy doing?

Cami said...

He is such a cutie! I am so glad I have been able to come visit you lately! And I must say, how freaking good do you look in those before pictures for being 9 months pregnant?! I only hope I look good when I am pregnant! :) Love ya!

Erin said...

finally! he is so cute. congratulations! and let's hope you can finally start feeling better & enjoy him now.

The Holdaway Family said...

YEAH! Congrats, he is so cute. And I am sure now that you see him, he was worth the worlds worst pregnancy! I hope that you are feeling better now. Quincy looks like she is a great big sister!

So do you have to get your gallbladder out now?

Channa said...

Brynn - I'm so glad I get to see pictures. He is SO cute. How fun for you guys. One girl and one boy! Congratulations.

Kirsta Silvey said...

I'm glad you guys got through that and that your beautiful boy is here! He's a real looker. I've been checking your blog often to see when he came. Congrats!

Lori and kids said...

He is a doll! WHat a cute baby! I really need to come see you.

Kim said...

Oh look at him...he is perfectly adorable!!! Congrats!!! Glad he is finally here!

Rachelle said...

Hey Brynn, I AM SO GLAD you found our blog! and I feel terrible I was such a horrible neighbor when you were going through all this! Im glad little Deacon is finally here, and he is SO handsome! It will be fun to get to know each other better this way!

Julie Neal said...

You guys he is so cute!!!!! And I love his name! I heard all the crazy stuff you were going through during your pregnancy and felt so bad!! I am glad he is here and now you can kinda relax. How is Quincy adjusting?? Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! He is adorable, you have the cutest family! I am so sorry to hear you had such a hard time, but I am glad to know you and your cute baby boy are doing well. He really is sooo cute! We need to come see him, it has been such a long time since we have seen you guys.

Kim said...

Wow, what a story just to get here. Glad he's doing well. Hope you are too. Congratulations!

michelle taggart said...

oh my goodness brynn... i can't believe how much pain you went through while you were pregnant!! i seriously can't even imagine what that must have been like. he is soooo beautiful though!!!!! he seems so sweet and cuddley already. congrats on your precious little boy.

Monica said...

What a handsome little guy! Congrats! He was only 7 oz bigger than Evan and exactly the same length! Enjoy him while he's so tiny...I miss how tiny Evan used to be! They grow so fast!

me said...

Your little boy was exactly the same weight, length and gestational age as my little Zoe. I am really glad you found me through Rachelle's blog!